If I could name A fruit for you It would be jabuticaba Blue, black and small On the outside And soft and sweet within My favourite memory Was under that tree That's been there since I was three Now I would like to Sing for you My jabuticaba song Isn't she lovely Like purple rain Walking on sunshine with you (over the rainbow) Quiet nights, quiet stars It's summertime Quiet nights, quiet stars and you If I could name A tree for you It would be Jabuticaba Under the shade Of the cool green leaves It all comes back to me So when that taste Reminds you You know just where To find me And now I would like to sing for you My jabuticaba song Jabuticaba tree Jabuticaba song - by Bebel Gilberto, Carlinhos Brown
Google
 

Welcome


Powered by IP2Location.com
Remember . . . When you visit this BLOGs and you see a photo you like, just click on the photo to enlarge it.

A new year, a new crop

In late autumn (early June) we had a fresh crop of Jabuticaba berries. It was a small crop and usually the berries on the tree out front are bitter, but this year they were sweet.

Here were are just coming into bud.



There are many buds but not like they will be in September.




Soon they will be ready to eat. Just a snack.




They grow fast but this time not plentiful.




At the end of June you can see many berries up high for the birds.




They are growing big now.




The birds will enjoy the first fruits of winter.




But look how few are there for us. They were sweet but few.




Now in mid August the new crop is more plentiful.


We expect these ones, this year, to be big and sweet and plentiful because of the wet weather.

In September we will show you how wonderful this amazing Jabuticaba really is!

I always marvel at how Mother Nature glues the berries on the trunk of the tree!




Photos by Urso Branco

No comments:

Support a living planet - Join WWF