If I could name A fruit for you It would be jabuticaba Blue, black and small On the outside And soft and sweet within My favourite memory Was under that tree That's been there since I was three Now I would like to Sing for you My jabuticaba song Isn't she lovely Like purple rain Walking on sunshine with you (over the rainbow) Quiet nights, quiet stars It's summertime Quiet nights, quiet stars and you If I could name A tree for you It would be Jabuticaba Under the shade Of the cool green leaves It all comes back to me So when that taste Reminds you You know just where To find me And now I would like to sing for you My jabuticaba song Jabuticaba tree Jabuticaba song - by Bebel Gilberto, Carlinhos Brown
Google
 

Welcome


Powered by IP2Location.com
Remember . . . When you visit this BLOGs and you see a photo you like, just click on the photo to enlarge it.

Disaster 2009

We had a marvelous crop of Jabuticaba berries in June. So we were looking forward to a fantastic harvest in September.

Here is our tree in the front yard in mid August with much more than usual berries.



The tree out in the back yard was loaded with berries also. with much more berries than usual. So we were expecting a very great harvest.

Then DISASTER STRUCK!

We had a very large possible harvest but all our fruit were hit by a rust disease in late August/early September. Therefore we have NO JABUTICABA nor MANGOES.

It was enough to make a grown man cry.

However we did get to make some Jabuticaba Jam from the berries of our next door neighbour. Her Jabuticaba berries were extraordinarily large this year.

We managed to get three and a third jars.


See . . . . here is proof we made some. What a mess, the pot boiled over.





But here are the four jars just waiting for toast and coffee next week. MMMMMMMMmmmmmm!
Wait until next year!



Photos by Urso Branco

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

You got great points there, that's why I always love checking out your blog.

My blog:
Credit Immobilier ou Rachat De Credit immobilier au meilleur taux

Anonymous said...

І blog quite often and I truly apprecіate уour informatіon.
Τhіs articlе has truly pеaked mу interest.
І'm going to take a note of your website and keep checking for new information about once per week. I subscribed to your RSS feed as well.
Also see my web page - arizonaoncology.com

Support a living planet - Join WWF