If I could name A fruit for you It would be jabuticaba Blue, black and small On the outside And soft and sweet within My favourite memory Was under that tree That's been there since I was three Now I would like to Sing for you My jabuticaba song Isn't she lovely Like purple rain Walking on sunshine with you (over the rainbow) Quiet nights, quiet stars It's summertime Quiet nights, quiet stars and you If I could name A tree for you It would be Jabuticaba Under the shade Of the cool green leaves It all comes back to me So when that taste Reminds you You know just where To find me And now I would like to sing for you My jabuticaba song Jabuticaba tree Jabuticaba song - by Bebel Gilberto, Carlinhos Brown
Google
 

Welcome


Powered by IP2Location.com
Remember . . . When you visit this BLOGs and you see a photo you like, just click on the photo to enlarge it.

Jabuticaba flowers, Aug 2008

Two days after we saw the buds they came out in full blossom accompanied by an army of bees.

These may have been Jatai Bees because they are very tiny and difficult to see on the blossoms.






This is the back yard tree. Look how dense the blossoms are.





Each of those blossoms will be a delightful berry within two three weeks.

















An unbelievable horde of berry blossoms.








We are very excited with this spectacle. Soon we will be making delicious Geleia Jabuticaba, if I can keep Judy from eating all the berries. *SMILE*!





Photos by Urso Branco

No comments:

Support a living planet - Join WWF