If I could name A fruit for you It would be jabuticaba Blue, black and small On the outside And soft and sweet within My favourite memory Was under that tree That's been there since I was three Now I would like to Sing for you My jabuticaba song Isn't she lovely Like purple rain Walking on sunshine with you (over the rainbow) Quiet nights, quiet stars It's summertime Quiet nights, quiet stars and you If I could name A tree for you It would be Jabuticaba Under the shade Of the cool green leaves It all comes back to me So when that taste Reminds you You know just where To find me And now I would like to sing for you My jabuticaba song Jabuticaba tree Jabuticaba song - by Bebel Gilberto, Carlinhos Brown
Google
 

Welcome


Powered by IP2Location.com
Remember . . . When you visit this BLOGs and you see a photo you like, just click on the photo to enlarge it.

Jabuticaba buds, Aug 2008

We moved at the beginning of August and we were delighted to see we had two mature Jabuticaba trees at the new house, one in front and a huge one in back. On Aug 12th they burst into bud. Thousands of them!

Here is a collection of the buds just as they came out.




The buds came out way up to the top of the tree. The birds will love that!




They even came out right down to the ground. The dogs will love that!




Thousands of buds on the very tall tree.









Look at these clusters. Really amazing!




These are on the tree in the front yard.









They are all over the tree.














This shows the tree in the corner in the front yard. Handy for kids to jump the wall and steal the berries.




This is the view from the verandah. You can see the tree almost hangs over the wall.

We expect to have thousands of berries this year and we will make lots and lots of Geleia Jabuticaba!! Yummy!

Photos by Urso Branco

1 comment:

De said...

I hope you don't get too angry when they start to fall and make a purple mess in your backyard...

Support a living planet - Join WWF